Re: XPL best practices

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Fri, 10 Nov 2006
16:14:54 -0500

> So where's the part about
> Xy thinking the if statements are Xy ifs, and not balancing in what sense?
> If you are writing a BAT file using Xy, why should Xy care what is in the
> BAT file?

That was my first thought too. I don't understand how XyWrite can confuse a
plain-text "IF" for an «IF...». Not possible. But if you put your code in
true form, e.g. in XPLCODE form so we could DECODE it, maybe it would make more
sense... Clearly, DELAY 2 gobbles up 2/3 of the extra time that you're
complaining about; and DELAY.EXE, in my experience, is not precise -- if the
CPU is otherwise engaged, "DELAY 2" can prolong into 3+. (When I use DELAY,
I'm satisfied to know that the pause is "at least 2", and maybe a bit more.)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx