Re: XP & malware

Reply to note from Manuel Castelao  Mon, 21 May
2012 09:09:49 +0200

> Mozbackup works with recent Firefox versions. It's the right
> tool to backup and restore profiles.

Manuel,

Thanks for this tip. I've installed it, and it seems to work well.
(At least, the backup part; I haven't tried restoring.) I can't
remember ever needing to restore my Firefox or Thunderbird setups,
but it's good to know that the capability is there if need be.
Naturally, I had the program create the backup files in a directory
that is regularly backed up to an external drive.

It's worth noting that the .PCV backup file created by Mozbackup is,
according to the FAQ (http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/support.php),
"a normal ZIP file. You can rename PCV to ZIP and extract files
manually too."

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx