DOS only machine?

Is anyone using a DOS-only computer with XyWrite? I have at least three perfectly functional computers that would run DOS but either can't manage any version of Windows, and were pre-USB, or would struggle to get past WinXP.

If you *are* DOSing it, what version are you using? Can you recommend a fairly simple way to access
USB from DOS? (I've never tried it with stand-alone DOS.)

I've run DOS/Write in virtual machines, but the machines handled the anachronistic elements for me.

Myron