Re: OT: latest threats....

Jordan wrote: ≪Drop Win in favor of Linux or eCS (at least for Mail &
browsing), and all these concerns go Pfffffttt≫

See

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/security_response/weblog/2006/06/
raising_the_bar_rustocka_advan.html

for a current assessment of the newest generation of malware which made
its debut last week. Vista is not immune.

I discovered quite by chance how 'chatty' the Net was as I had been
working with a protocol analyser (sniffer) outside my firewall on the
worst affected days. My Mac G4 was unaffected by the "worm-storm", by
the way, but I have had to reconfigure my firewall to shield my w2k
machines.