Re: RE spooling

At 2/4/2004 02:00 PM -0500, Harry Binswanger wrote:

BTW the IEEE 1284 cable also improved the transfer speed. A caution: cable comes in three configurations, A, B, C, depending on the type of connection. HP wanted B, but the connections on C were the same. Yes, I got the wrong one, A, the first time out.
What does that mean--"configuration"? Is there a physical switch on the cable?
No, the type (size) of the connector. I _think_ it's either 36-pin of 50-pin centronics. _A_ type is the smaller of the two. Here's a good introduction to the IEEE 1284-1994 standard http://www.fapo.com/1284int.htm. And here http://users.telenet.be/educypedia/electronics/cablingcomputer.htm you can find more information on connectors. Michael Norman