Re: Just wondering

>Well, you're not gonna get your wishlist without the collaboration of TTG
>programmer(s, assuming there's more than one, which I don't).

Me neither.

>All your stuff has
>got to be hard-wired. I've been playing lately with a way to access the OS/2
>clipboard, but not sure it will be satisfactory (can't figure out what the REXX-
>clipboard hooks are, which is not a good sign!).

There was a program posted to Hobbes a few months which promised a way
to access the OS/2 clipboard -- what I think it did was to kludge a
file (or reroute it to stdin?)  If I come across the description I'll
forward it to you, I'll bet it's still there or on Leo.

>they're nothing if not disciplined (I hope that's a non-disparaging way of saying
>"sheep-like" -- but very nice people, impeccably civil to one another, you
>wouldn't believe it)

Oh how dull.

>> if it hasn't
>> got a plurality on the laptops, it's sure close.
>
>Funny, isn't it? I read (or at least touch base with) about 30 newspapers a day,
>and it is just astonishing how often 3-byte characters are embedded in their
>texts -- a dead giveaway. Sydney Morning Herald and The Age (Melbourne) seem to
>use it, South China Morning Post and Le Monde stringers all use it, as of course
>does the WSJ, where you often see things like:
>
>    "=4Eewest =57ashington Game: =53wallow the =4Ceader"

Shh! Don't let on about Xywrite's closet popularity, otherwise some
smart lawyer is apt to buy the code and release it buried under a
killer app named "Probate 4.018!" Or keep threatening to.

Rafe T.
http://www.quicklink.com/~rtenn
raphaelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx