Re: Problem with OED and NT (was Bemoan)

Robert wrote "I wrote to Oxford's electronic division chief and
complained about v2 software...you know what? She wrote back and said
she agreed with me completely!"
Sounds very familiar to me. The editorial types in the publishing
industry are still--some of them--if not scholars concerned about
scholarship. The management types are like a former editor in chief of
mine (briefly!): you make books, you make boots, you make beer, you don't
have to know anything about the product, just manufacturing, marketing,
and the bottom line. When I was proofreading and copy editing
encyclopedias, I used to complain that management would rather spend
$10,000 for advertising and sales to tell lies about the "product" than
$1,000 to fix an error in page proof. And that was 25 years ago. O
tempora, o mores.
Patricia