Re: Logon

** Reply to note from "EBERLE, JIM"  on Tue,
30 Jan 2001 14:15:46 -0500

> It's always convenient to blame computer problems on user error, not on the
> software or operating system. That way of thinking is even more ludicrous
> when we're dealing with the XyWrite program, whose bugginess is what keep
> this list server alive, and Windows.

Uh huh. Look, I wasn't attacking you, I have no recollection who
raised this issue. But let's just wait and see what the resolution of
your problem is (if indeed you get LOGON to work, instead of just
eliminating it). It sure works fine on all my machines, under four or
five OSes. I'd wager money that it's user error, but what do I know?
Still, I dispute that XyWrite's "bugginess" is what keeps this list
alive; that's just your (perceived) reason for subscribing. The true
bugs (in Xy4DOS anyway) are few, and almost always easily worked
around.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx