Re: .RTF incompatibilities

In article <3.0.32.19990407010829.006c4e74@xxxxxxxx>,
Peter Evans  wrote (quoting RvR):
>>Client after client kept telling me that they
>>could not read my RTF files, so now I grind my teeth and go through Word
>>(v.6) to send them either Word-generated RTF or .doc files.
>
>My typical Word-using acquaintance doesn't even understand the concept of
>.RTF files. His or her Word is set up to look for the presence of one or
>more .DOC files.

I've found through client feedback that just about every *.RTF file
that "can't be opened" with Word magically becomes openable when it's
renamed from *.RTF to *.DOC. NB: I've only tested this personally
with the 16-bit Word Viewer 97, using RTF files from Xy 3.55 converted
to RTF by Word for Word 4.1.

--
Stephen A. Carter      High-Tech Information Center Nagoya, Ltd.
mailto:scarter@xxxxxxxx                Nagoya, Japan