Re: Xy 3+ and Windows 95

> Leslie answered:
>
> Does this happen when you issue function calls as well as commands?
>
> Answer: It doesn't happen with commands, only with keys that have more
> than one argument assigned to them in the keyboard file.
> Hmm and hmm . . . this is what I assumed.

> Is there anything in the Novell system that requires use of the F5 key?
> It is
> possible that when you type F5 to blank the command line, in order to
> issue your
> command, you are running into a conflict with something in the Novell
> system.
>
> Answer: Don't think so--not sure.

Anyway you can ask your MIS people?

> If you know how to modify your keyboard file, search for your table= and
> then
> search for 63=. You will probably find this:
>
> 63=Q5,bc.
>
> Edit this so it says 63=ni,Q5,bc.
>
> That might work.
>
> Answer: It doesn't. But as noted above, 63=bc works just fine.

Oh well, then. Nothing much is lost. the QN biz is merely for use of the function
keys when you run the spellchecker.

> I assume that if you start with F8 and then load everything BUT the
> Novell drivers
> things work as usual?
>
> Yes, but I haven't figured out yet how to block the load of the Novell
> drivers specifically. The last query brought up by F8 is something like
> "load windows drivers". When I say no to that, things work, but Windows
> is opened up in its crippled "safe" mode.

Err, no. Failure to load Windows drivers is not a terribly good idea. Again, I
would ask the MIS people to look into this.

> Sorry to be so longwinded, but this problem is quite a nuisance.

I would imagine so.

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press