Re: mixing dos and windows with xywrite

Reply to note from TBaehr@xxxxxxxx Tue, 15 Aug 2000 23:17:16 EDT

-> Actually, I think the goal really *is* to load Win from
-> XyWrite. XyWrite lets you shell out to DOS via the command
-> line, and there's theoretically no reason you couldn't have Xy
-> running as a purely DOS program and then issue the Windows
-> startup command with something like "do win".

Sounds like a total dead end to me. The OS is supposed to allocate
resources to the application, not vice versa. Anyway, Xy runs fine
in a DOS session under Windows. Why make life more difficult than
it has to be?

Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/