Re: Getting Xy4Dos Up & Running on T61 with XP-Pro

Peter Goldberger wrote:
There is no "editior.exe," as such, on the 4.017 disks; they run an installation batch program. I'd have to do the whole thing, and I'm pretty sure I'd lose all my settings, keyboard programming, etc., that way. Am I wrong?
No, you would indeed loose all that. And I very much doubt you
could do it. The installation routine was strictly DOS, and has
some strange problems--I forget exactly what; looks for a CD in
the CD drive, IIRC. For years we've all been copying working Xy
setups from one PC to another. And please, everybody, keep a
known good copy (or several) someplace for this kind of eventuality.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx