Re: (fwd) Hurray for InfoWorld - Win95 L

Ken Frank wrote:

> Second, for the record, Nota Bene did not jump ship. We
determined that the > market share/support cost simply did not
work for us, and rather than kill the > product we gave a small
group of devoted NBers the opportunity to market it, > retaing
ownership of the products. LIke we did with XyWrite, however, we
 > saved the product from extinction, fulfilled NB's broken
promises, and then > allowed those who love the product to keep
it going. Trust me, we lost money > on that one, but did it
because we felt an obligation to the devoted users of > the
product. I don't think a lot of companies would have done that.

As a NB user, believe me I really appreciate what you did there.
You're absolutely right--few companies would have done that. I
wish more companies would help good products find niche's so they
could survive.
Many a fine or superior product has died, only to be replaced by
inferior ones that are more successfully marketed.

But, you and TTG do deserve a mountain of credit for rescuing
both XyWrite and Nota Bene.

Mike

 Michael O'Brien       mto@xxxxxxxx
Lincoln, MA