File conversion question: XY-4

Ever since I upgraded to the latest version of XY-4, I have a
strange problem with the "save as" function: When I write a
document in XY4 and then try to save as RTF in order to share it
with the W using masses out there, I get an error message
telling me that: "SX command requires a number ≪VN\737≫+" "+...".
So, in order to use the filter, I have to save the document once,
then import it into another file, and only *then* I am allowed
to "save as" it. Apparently, XY-4 does not recognize its own files,
unless I import them. Why is this so, why didn't I have the problem
in the first XY-4 version, and what can be done about it?
TIA

--Rene
--Support the anti-spam amendment. Join at http://www.cauce.org/
--Spam from ultra-mail, bizprom, ultramax, ascella, eom, regulus etc?
--They all reside at ACSI.NET. ACSI=Spamhaus. Phone: 1-888-398-ACSI