Re: Lotus Organizer

** Reply to message from "M Gauthier LeBien"  on Wed, 20
Oct 2004 14:34:04 -0500

> Does Lotus Organizer have email software?

No, it's just an organizer. No email capability. However, if you've purchased
that IBM PC, in addition to the free SmartSuite license, you get a Lotus Notes
client license. The Notes client can be configured to do standalone email, but
the complexity of it all has prevented me from ever getting too far into it.

You might have a look at Polarbar (www.polarbar.org), a great emailer written
in Java. I'm using it to write this message. It's free and really good.
Messages are saved in individual pure ascii files (not in a database), which
any Xywrite user can appreciate.

Tom Hawley
New York
tjh@xxxxxxxx