Re: XYWRITE digest 2815

Robert Holmgren wrote:

NET SHARE displays the sharenames of local devices; NET VIEW displays the
sharenames of remote devices. A network printer is (usually) a "remote"
device, i.e. not physically attached to your workstation but rather accessible
through your LAN (router|hub) or the WAN (Wide Area Network = the Internet).
Usually, yes. But I believe in this context we were using net use to
map a USB port to a nonexistent LPT one so Xy could print to it.
One thing is certain, though: if you're skilled, you can easily
make one of them work].

Absolutely.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey