Re: Using XyWrite file in Word... [and "Euro symbol"]

Both of these questions are rooted in the same issue: CodePages. 437 or 850
in DOS (XyWrite), 1252 in Windows GUI programs (Word, WordPerfect, etc etc).
Different CodePages have different characters sets! This, e.g., the cedilla is
assigned to character 128 in 850, and the Euro to char 128 in 1252. We've
talked about this a million times (conservative estimate). There are very
adequate facilities in U2 for dealing with this -- for displaying your XyWrite
texts in CP 1252 (even for displaying NotaBene texts in CP 850). Check the
XySearch archives and U2 Help, and/or the home page of XyWWWeb. We can't start
at square zero every time the same question arises.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx