success with XP?

I got it to work. It is stupid beyond belief. Here's
how. I simply deleted all the comments from the
_supplied_ autoexec.nt and config.nt files. That's
it. So it works until I try something else dumb.
I also included a subst command in a batch file
that I thought would only work once, but it seems
to work all the time. One of these 'help the user'
things -- it's like the 'wizards' in Word, etc. have
now invaded the most basic OS tasks. That's
worriesome indeed ! Now if only I could get the
ctrl and caps-lock keys switched!