Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Harry,

The main interest of NB developers is in the ongoing refinement of the
tools they have for academic writing. The new additions do seem to add
quite a few new features to their palette (cloud, footnotes,
headers/footers, frames/graphics, etc.):
http://www.notabene.com/NB12NewFeatures.html

Luring current NB users into the Xy U2 realm is difficult and maybe a
waste of time. I don't think it will happen.

Developing software is costly in time and effort. I would think that
$3,000 is not enough to earn consideration as a serious buyer of those
services.

So far, this seems like a non-starter.

And, first, all DOS XyWrite/NB/Signature variants can now be run
comfortably in vDosPlus under 64-bit Windows with many of the problems
we had earlier solved (windowed and full screen, scalable window size,
mouse wheel scrolling, bidirectional clipboard support, simultaneous
editing of Xy files using Windows editors, and print preview of XyWrite
output as PDFs that can be printed on any Windows printer).

Second, there are editors that are more than capable of editing very
large Xy files (even with color highlighting in the case of EditPad
Pro). Notepad++ is very good at dealing with tricky special Xy
characters. Vim provides a great alternative for those who use many
operating systems, etc. Atom is a new customizable editor for, e.g.,
Python users, etc. And the list goes on. I will call it a day!

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx