Re: Can I download SIMTEL?

Inge,

I am sure the the CD/ROM cannot be exported, due to the US Customs restrictions
on exporting encryption/decryption programs.

CI$ can be used to query archives of ftp sites, and CI$ can mail the results to
your personal file area. I don't have the proper syntax for doing this, but
you can GO UNIXFORU and look in the libraries for a file that tells you exactly
how to do this. I think the file is called GETFLS.TXT, but it should certainly
be listed under the keywords INTERNET, ARCHIE, FTP, or something like that.

Grabbing stuff off the internet through CI$ will get expensive. You should
probably check with the people at Walnut Creek CD/ROM to see if they have a
version of the CD for export.

Best of luck, Rick Brown