Re: Using XPL to read keystrokes [was Re: Alt Enter]

Reply to note from "Morris Krok"  Sat, 10 Aug
2002 11:06:09 -0700

> the cursor keys do not respond when I press them. They do not
> move at all. All the other keys on the keyboard respond
> normally. To monitor the keystrokes I use ≪sx,20≪Rc≫>

Recall exactly what . A missing  may explain why
your cursor keys don't work.

And are you sure it's only your cursor keys? For example, can you
DeFine text while the program is running? Does your Delete key
work? In principle, the cursor keys are no different from any other
key in this context.

> By the way can [the cursor keys] be altered in any way e.g, by
> giving them additional functions to carry out.

Of course.

> Am I correct in saying that all the function keys contain 3
> bytes including ES (the escape function.)

The short answer is yes. For a more comprehensive answer, read
CTRLCHAR.TXT, available at XyWWWeb.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx