Minitrue

On 9/29/98 Russ Urquhart wrote:
>Here is the minitrue home page and the URL. Hope that this helps!
>http://www.pagesz.net/~minitrue/

All I can say is "Wow!" Thanks for letting us know about this excellent
search and replace program. I use XY 3.55+ and was always frustrated that I
had no way of making global search and replacements across multiple files.
Minitrue gives me ability, from a single keystroke within Xywrite,
functioning just as if it were part of XY.

To do this, I downloaded Minitrue, and put the files into a directory dubbed
c:\minitrue.

Then I wrote the following macro in my keyboard.kbd file, assigning it to my
key of choice:

=BC,d,o, ,c,:,\,m,i,n,i,t,r,u,e,\,m,t, ,/,f,q, ,*,.,*, ,=,CL

Hitting this one keystroke places the above command on the command line,
with the cursor waiting for me to type in the pertinent text to find and
replace. The /fq switches above are Minitrue switches--f prevents line
wrap-arounds from spliting words in half, and q bypasses Minitrue's opening
screen.

After entering the text and hitting ENTER, Minitrue immediately searches and
replaces within the Xywrite directory that I have been working in. If I
merely want to search, without replacing, I merely have to type over the "="
sign and enter only one string.

Really great! My only complaint (which is quite petty) is that I'd like to
be able to change Minitrue's screen colors. If only all problems in life
were as bad.

Bob

Bob Zimmerman

13909 Briarwood Drive, #323