Re: memory use

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Sat, 28 Jun 2003
21:27:33 -0400

>> when you trigger OOM, you're screwed: there's usually no way to get Editor
>> back on good behavior -- you gotta save your work, quit, and relaunch.

> Yeah, so I've learned. And you can't even necessarily know that it was an
> OOM error.

Occasionally. But almost always you know, the symptoms are unmistakable:
things that have no excuse for not working, suddenly don't work. Or Editor
tells you there's not enough memory, or bells start sounding. In which case,
take a look at  -- it will be up around 28Kb, 32Kb -- too high. Time
to relaunch and refresh.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx