Re: word EOF

At 07:13 PM 9/18/97 +0900, you wrote:

>>Also attached is the famous LIST.COM by Vernon Buerg (sp?), which I believe
>>is freeware. I've renamed it L.COM because it's easier to type one letter,
>>and I use it so often that that's a savings.
>>Harry Binswanger
>
>Umm... what does Listcom do?

Rene, Rene, Rene! Do you really care to make a confession of such magnitude
in a public forum?! ;-)

List.com does very little but what it does is very valuable: it is like a
read-only word-processor: puts a file on the screen for you to look at in a
raw kind of way (as pure ASCII). It has a search function (one
case-sensitive one not) and allows you to view the bytes in the file in
binary (hexadecimal) form (alt-h does that). The net result is that you can
see exactly what's really in a file--a program file or a data file or a text
file or whatever. It's like a souped up version of the DOS "type" command,
if you are familiar with that.
Use it with abandon, because it never writes to disk, so all you do is look
at files, not change them nor make copies.
Hit the question mark to see a menu of its functions. On that menu the
prefix "a-" stands for "alt-".

Enjoy,
Harry

Harry Binswanger