Re: what's III+ suffixes for use in organizing program

In a message dated 6/26/99 11:31:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rrr@xxxxxxxx
writes:

≪ A rough-and-ready way would be to:
 - DIR to list all the files
 - Delete all the ones you don't want to rename
 - Snip out all other directory stuff except the file names
 - Block copy all file names so they appear twics
 - Replace line returns with: .XY3 - line return - BC ren
 - Save this page

 Voila, a XY macro which will rename all your files.
 The experts will of course scoff at this, but it works and should
 not take more a a few minutes.
 ≫
Thanks, but that's too complicated for me , since , as a non-techie, I don't
want to accidentally delte files I need, and I don't know how to "replace
line returns" or find a file with "line return" instructions. But thanks for
the advice. I think I'll just badger the Enfish tracker to be able to search
the way other text search engines do so. Best, Art.