Re: OT Re: virus warning

Two morals:
1. Always keep your data on a separate drive (physical or at least partition) from your op sys and apps. (And just to be sure, back it up to DVDs.)
2. Don't go near Miscrosludge. I don't patch, I don't update, I have nothing to do with that bunch of  tyrants ("Oh, we know what you want to do better than you do." In a pig's eye you do.) My last three machines came with Windows installed and validated, and a disc image on a hidden partition for "restore to factory default." If things get really scrambled, I opt for that. It's time consuming, and you must have disks or clean, safe downloads for any apps you need to install, but when it's done, you're clean and your data is safe.

Patricia

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/4dfe533f25d2679858st03vuchttp://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/4dfe533f25d2679858st03vuc