Re: Mac and Xy

Jordan wrote:
I wouldn't be inclined to rely on System Restore alone. There
are things that can make it not work, like some malware.
Better to have ERUNT backups happening concurrently, so that
you have an alternate option. And nothing would beat a fairly
recent boot partition image, from where everything was working
properly. (Much easier to know this than to follow it faithfully,
and I'm deficient in the regular follow-through on this myself.)
Yes, I hadn't done ERUNT in some time. Not clear that will save you anyway.
And I had tried to make a partition image just before disaster struck. Only
it turned out to be not bootable. Something about IBM/Lenovo/Thinkpads not
booting on an Acronis image.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx