Re: Keyboard redux

Be warned:  the PS2 version, out of the box, doesn't have PC-compatible function keys, though Unicomp may (or may not longer) customize the PS2 version on request.

Only the USB version is going to work without modification.

From: J R FOX
To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxx"
Sent: Friday, April 6, 2018 5:10 PM
Subject: Re: Keyboard redux

Thanks Lisa.  This is one of the ones I had bookmarked, from list discussions.  Interesting that they offer these in both PS2 & USB versions.  I hope they are still there, and able to fill orders.

I regret that Avant Stellar is not still in business.  I happen to be typing this at home on one.  On the infrequent occasions where you see a (used) Avant being sold on eBay, you might not believe the prices that they command !

In regard to the other part of my query, I had this repair option bookmarked:

http://www.northgate-keyboard-repair.com/; style="text-decoration:none;color:#000;">
https://s.yimg.com/vv//api/res/1.2/o4WXjxdCqZubEiYT4mHOKg--~A/YXBwaWQ9bWFpbDtmaT1maWxsO2g9MjAwO3c9NDAw/http://www.northgate-keyboard-repair.com/F1F4aa.jpg.cf.jpg') no-repeat center center;background-size:cover;min-height:200px;position:relative;" bgcolor="#000000">
https://s.yimg.com/nq/storm/assets/enhancrV2/12/overlay-tile.png

but the early print there can be read in an equivocal fashion: have they just washed their hands of NY customers, or are they finito -- period ?

   Jordan