Criticism that innovates

 >From Morris Krok

  Frank mentioned my name in connection with attachments and communication
etiquette. As I am aware of my own imperfections I am my best critic,
consequently I am passed the stage of being hurt by outside criticism. In
fact criticism should stir us on to do better things. Since the uproar over
the cyber-viruses that I sent, it stirred me on to write a program that
converts an XPl program into text that it can be sent without using archiving
or attachments.
  Using Microsoft Outlook Express, there is a feature that enables one to
insert a text file that is even composed in XyWrite for dos. It can also be
pasted in from window programs such as Nota Bene or Microsoft Word. This is
the only way to insert a file using AOL (American on Line). Once we know
these few tricks there is never any need to send attachments with e-mails.
  After being acquainted with Herb Tyson's masterpiece - XyWrite Revealed -
Rothman's book XyWrite Made Easier is probably redundant. I however, ordered
it prior to reading some e-mail reviews of it. I sincerely hope that there is
something that I will learn from it. I believe there is another book on
XyWrite not by Tyson or Rothman. Does anyone know of it?
  Talking about books I have just bought from Amazon.Com a wonderful book
by Roger S Crutchfield - English Vocabulary Quick Reference (A comprehensive
dictionary arranged by word roots). And from a second hand bookseller, I
found these interesting books: Word Origins by Wilfred Funk; Our Marvellous
Native Tongue - Robert Clairborne; Elements of Editing - Arthur Plotnik; The
Joy of Lex - Gyles Brandreth; and Reader's Digest Super Word power.
  To communicate effectively with XyWrite you must be a XyReader.
  It has been truly said that if you want to know what a person is like,
examine the books he reads; but in this cyber-age, we can add, the
wordprocessor he uses.