From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patricia M. Godfrey
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:00 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re Xy on VISTA--sleep mode

jaymcnally@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> on a Dell laptop with XP Professional and
> it's not working, at all. I can't get it to identify startup.int even
> though it's in the xy4 folder, and it won't allow Xy to take control of
> certain keystrokes.

Give us some details. How are you launching? If a shortcut, what
are the properties? Check esp. Working Directory; has to be the
one where editor.exe and startup.int are.

If any of the keystrokes are Alt- combination ones, lots of them
are preempted by Windows. You may need to edit your keyboard
file, depending on what you've changed from the out-of-the-bos
version. And many laptops (someone was having a problem with an
HP one recently) have proprietary keyboard BIOSes.

Anyone with ideas (and experience with Dells, which I avoid like
the plague) please chime in. I'm willing to help but horrendously
busy for the next few days. And Jay, please give us details.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx