Re: Re Two XyWrite Questions

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Tue, 27
Apr 2004 17:48:16 -0400

Patricia:

> every time XyWrite tried to autosave the file I was working on,
> it would beep and say "Access denied." From either a right
> click in Windows or a DOS attrib command, d:\xyw4dos\xyautosa
> was NOT marked REad only, so I thought I was going nuts. Just
> now, checking the syntax of the attrib command, I discovered
> the files were still R.

Are you sure it was the Read-Only bit? I once looked into that
"Access denied" message and found that Editor was losing my AOP
(Autosave Path) setting. I forget what VA/NV AOP returned, but as I
recall it was an invalid location to which Editor couldn't write the
TMP files. I got so tired of manually reissuing my default AOP
command that I wrote a little routine to automate it. I still use
it, a lot. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this; maybe
you did?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx