Re: XyShell Clipboard and conversion of ANSI characters

Robert,
I am using 850 codepage. For example, if I select this piece of Notepad characters: á é í ó ú ñ Ñ Á É Í Ó Ú and I clip them to a windowed XyWrite screen, I get wrong characters (the equivalent ones in 437 codepage), BUT, if I now copy the wrong characters from XyWrite to Notepad, the resulting characters are OK! Very curious. It is the same if I am working in a full screen XyWrite session.

Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from fenda@xxxxxxxx on Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:05:30 +0200
I have discovered that the "clipboard key" (and, in general, the CLIP frame) doesn't preserve ANSI characters when you paste from a Windows application to XyWrite

Hmmm. I never noticed this. Give me an example, please, of a character that
doesn't convert correctly. I'd like the code number in ANSI, and the
(incorrect) resulting code number in XyWrite after importing with CLIP, as well
as the number that it *should* be. Note that I have nothing to do with this
character conversion; I'm just calling standard Windows services. But I'll
look into it; maybe we can put something together that will work for you, to
preserve ANSI faithfully. Does it make any difference if your XyWrite code
page is 850 or 437? Are you operating in a Desktop window, or Full screen?

Glad XyShell works for you. There's a lot of programming in U2 that calls
XyShell (and that trend will likely increase).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx