Re: Problem with Pause (sleep) command in vDos-lfn build 2016.06.01 and later

Reply to note from "Wengier W"  (Redacted
sender "wengierwu" for DMARC) Sat, 4 Jun 2016 14:53:30 +0000 (UTC)

Wengier,

> I tried the pause/sleep command with XyWrite 4, but I cannot seem
> to reproduce the freeze as you described with the latest vDos-lfn
> build, at least from the Xy4 command line.

On further testing, I see that the problem does not arise with a single
P command, but rather when the P command is repeated in quick
succession.

Try running the attached XPL programs in XyWrite 4. The usage is
RUN PAUSE.PM. All three programs sleep for 3 seconds. PAUSE.PM does
a single pause with P 3, and it works. PAUSE2.PM does P 1 three times
via a loop -- it freezes XyWrite. PAUSE3.PM executes P (same as P 1)
three times in succession (no loop) -- and it also freezes. All three
programs work in the earlier release of vDos-lfn.

I'm guessing that the problem has something to do with the increased
CPU speed emulation in the new release of vDos. What do you think?

The loop including a pause is very common in XPL, for example, when
waiting for a file to be created by another process, so it would be
great if this issue could be addressed.

Many thanks for looking at this.

--
Carl Distefano