Re: Looking for XYWrite 4 or 3 for DOS

pjd:

>I wonder, however, why you suggest that those who use version
>3 would not be happy with version 4. Are they that different?

That's a can o' worms I hesitate to open. [And that's my cliche quota for
the day.] Let's just say: Quite aside from the value of version 4's
numerous alleged/undoubted benefits over Xy3 or its alleged/actual
bugginess, the differences are numerous and great enough to annoy a
significant number of people. My impression is that they're in a minority,
but it's by no means a negligible minority. You can use your Xy3 keyboard
file with Xy4; this will make Xy4 a lot more familiar, but some say that
you thereby shortchange yourself.

Incidentally, I'm happy to hear that The Technology Group still exists.
(I'll pass up the opportunity to make some would-be witty comment about
Smart Words.)

Peter Evans