Re: Tilde

Phil Smith wrote:

> I want to be able to print a tilde (e.g., a net address, which will go into
> my physical, paper, address book). I seem to remember there is a way to get
> a real tilde in Xy3 (i.e., not a soft hyphen), but can't remember how to
> get it nor can I find it in the big, excellent Xy3 manual. They talk of S6,
> but I can't figure how to use it.
>
> I have tried putting S6 on the command line, as one would, say, md nm , but
> I get the msg ILLEGAL COMMAND. Nor can I use S6 as a command within an XPL
> program.
>
> Can someone set me straight? Thanks in advance.

The tilde character is ASCII 126, and you can create it as you would any other
ASCII character with alt+shift+126. You can also assign it to any key that you
like in your keyboard table. Let us say, e.g., you want it to assign it to table
alt+shift, to the tilde/open single quote key which I believe is scancode 41.
Thus:

41=no,r1,r2,r6,

That should do it.

--