From: mailto:michael.norman@xxxxxxxx Michael Norman
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Lost LPT1

At 11/8/2004 11:01 PM -0500, Avrom Fischer wrote:
>    If you still can get a parallel port card particularly one that offers
> a choice between lpt1 and lpt2 why not try putting one into your computer
> as lpt2 if you can select that as an option on the card.
>Maybe wndows 98se would recognize that as new hardware.  good
>luck.  though I think Branch Ricky said something to the effect that luck
>is only the residue of preparation or planning.

Thanks for the post. Patricia, who knows more than a thing or two about
printer problems, sent me a very long post on rebuilding the system. I was
almost at the point of reformat/rebuild when a tech suggested at least
trying to re-installing W98SE over the system on the disk. Since I had
nothing to lose at that point, I did it. To make a long story short, it
worked. Some problems but they are solvable. Got LPT1 back.

Michael Norman