Re: Save (backup)

Michael Norman wrote:

> Does anyone do this now -- use a CD-RW for to "save" data files
> as one would with a floppy.

  Sure. It's a snap with Nero. My CD-RW is assigned R:, and I just
saved this message to it from Xy4, then commanded dir R: and erased
the file. You have to format a RW CD with Nero, and there's a limit
on the number of erasures, but otherwise it's like a 5.25" floppy.

Whatever sw you buy, do NOT consider DirectCD/Easy CD, imho. Like
Jordan said... with my NT4 box, it wreaked havoc. Had to uninstall
and manually clean up the Registry.

  -otis
Business Week