Re: U2 version 119

Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from Judith Davidsen  on Mon, 09
Jan 2006 00:41:34 -0500
Umm, another thing: is SETTINGS.DFL actually *in* C:\XY4?

Yes
Or is the only copy
of it instead in XY4\PICTURES\ORIG -- or somewhere else also?
Orig has been detroyed; a search of the entire c: drive shows
nothing. I already reported to you on the results of va/nv sl and
va/nv $sl: both return 50.

> What you say to
Patricia bothers me: everything works fine in one session, but when you
relaunch it ceases to work fine.
No, no. What I said was that if I called settings.dfl and either
ABorted or STored it, any directory I called in that session was
cursorable to the bottom. But if I closed the session and
relaunched a new one, I would not be able to cursor to the end of
directories UNLESS and UNTIL I once again opened and closed
settings.dfl. Almost seems as though settings.dfl is requiring
some kind of acknowledment.
Ummm... in XyWrite's Desktop shortcut Properties ==> Program tab, does the
"Start in" or "Working" line point at C:\XY4 ? It must.
Working: C:\xy4, with xy lower case--does it matter?
I want you to put, at the tip top of STARTUP.INT, two new lines before all
other lines (copy one of the existing lines and just change the text, so that
you use proper functions BX and Q2):
BX c:Q2 ;*;

Done
BX cd \xy4Q2 ;*;
Done
(You've got another "BX C:Q2 " further down in the file -- you can delete that
one.)

Done

> SAve STARTUP.INT and relaunch.
Done, nothing changed, except the SL and SW values no longer flash on cml when I launch xy..

I think you just sent me another email; lemme go look

Judith