[Novell driver problem]

I'm running Xywrite 3.55 with Windows 95, the latter recently installed.
Xywrite
works fine on a standalone machine but when the drivers for our Novell
Network are loaded, commands in Xywrite are not executed until another
keystroke is made at random. Thus, if I wanted a directory, I'd type
"DIR" and execute, but nothing happens until I press on a random key.

I've "rem'd" out virtually everything in config.sys and autoexec.bat and
stepped through the Windows 95 loading sequence from the Windows 95 menu
accessible in startup by pressing F8. Restoring things one at a time has
narrowed the problem to the "drivers"
automatically loaded in the Windows startup sequence. Xywrite also
works from Windows 95 in safe mode but not in safe mode with Network
access.

Does anyone have a clue about how to fix this problem or find a
workaround?

Peter G. Brown

The Sciences                      Tel: (212)
838-6727
655 Madison Avenue, 16th fl.          Fax: (212) 355-3795
New York, NY 10021                 email:
sciences@xxxxxxxx