RE: back on topic: incorrect directories in XP

Why this setting should cause this result in XyWrite I don't know, and it
may be hidden in the depths of the program's code. The archive setting does
not seem to affect other programs, only XyWrite.

The archive bit is typically set by backup programs that do incremental
backups so that they can tell which directories were previously backed up.
That may be the source of your problem. But the solution is simple once you
know what to do.

I had the problem in my office after the IT people had migrated files to a
new server. After I unset the archive attribute for all the affected
folders, the problem has not recurred.

Regards,

Paul Ambos
pambos@xxxxxxxx