Re: Faux Orbis

Reply to note from cld@xxxxxxxx (Carl Distefano) Sat, 24 Nov 2001
21:12:56 -0500 (EST)

> The only one I am familiar with is ZyIndex. I used the DOS
> version back in the '80s and early '90s; it was quite good.
> Apparently it's no longer developed or supported.

Nope, I was wrong. ZyIndex evidently is now part of something
called ZyImage, made by ZyLAB International, Inc., 12800 Middlebrook
Road, Suite 410, Germantown, MD 20874; tel. 301-428-0045, fax 301-
428-3307. Product description at http://www.zylab.com/zylab3.htm.
System requirements at http://www.zylab.com/zylab30.htm. It's a
Windows program, so probably not what you're looking for.

If you can get your hands on a copy of ZyIndex for DOS, it would be
worth trying. Text retrieval was lightning fast. Maybe ZyLAB will
sell you a copy, even if they don't still support it.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx