the future of Nota Bene (was: Xywrite antiques)

Anne Putnam:

> Many XyWrite users have purchased Nota Bene, but frankly, I
> am surprised that there haven't been more. We have a solid
> program that would appear to provide what many of you are
> looking for.

I bought it but haven't bothered to use it. When I want a marks-on-paper
word processor, I use XyWin much of the time. It's buggy and hangs, but
since I use one or other of Microsoft's OSes I'm used to bugginess and
hanging. But I do less and less of putting marks on paper; I'd rather
write direct-to-web, and thereby save trees. For this purpose a text
editor is fine; for English, I'm now more used to TSE Pro than to XyDOS.

When I do have to put marks on paper, half the time I have to include
Japanese. Since I find Word and WordPerfect similarly loathsome, I try
to do even this with an editor, making a web page and printing it out --
and the hell with page division, etc.! Still, a word processor would be
handy, and I'd certainly recommend a Japanese-capable Nota Bene to a lot
of people. So:

When will Nota Bene become Unicode-based and thus (or otherwise) DBCS-capable?

Peter Evans peter@xxxxxxxx