PROCOMM AT 25MHZ

It's always something isn't it? I took my Zoom 2400 baud modem out of a 386-16
and stuck it in a 386-25. I'm sure the com port assignment, IRQ and base
address are all in sync (between the hardware, the jumpers on the modem and the
port settings in the procom plus software) I even checked the polarity of the
phone line. Anyway - I get a dial tone on the new machine, but can't dial out.
Any ideas? Is this something related to the clock speed of the new machine?
I've tried running it at 6mhz, but still NG. Also tried with straight atdt
command. Anyone out there using procomm plus with a 386-25 know of some stupid
setting I'm not aware of? All advice appreciated.