Re: Installing new printer drivers in XyDOS or XyWin

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Eric Van Tassel wrote:

> When I tried to install the proprietary Citizen ABC24 driver (for Win3.x)
> from the floppy supplied with the printer, it locked up XyWin (and somehow
> disabled certain keystrokes in my keyboard file in XyDOS 4, though the rest
> of XyDOS still worked OK!). I solved the lockup problem (and the keyboard
> problem) by deleting the text that the Citizen floppy had added after
> "device..." in \XW\XWUIF.UIF; but now I don't have a driver for this
> printer.

Are you sure this driver was meant for Win 3.x and not Win95? I don't
know whether a Win95 driver would work at all under Win 3.x, but if it
did, it might cause strange results.
> Could either/both of these problems be related to a familiar hangup
> discussed on this list -- that CD drives etc. have to be rem'd out or they
> will interfere with XyW installation?

I wouldn't be surprised if this were the cause of the XyDos problem. But
I didn't know that the CD-ROM problem also applied to XyWin.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                   lawyer@xxxxxxxx
 Boston, MA 02108-2503            http://world.std.com/~lawyer/