Re: Xy Win/macros, etc.

At 11:21 PM 7/16/99 -0500, riverunner wrote:

>I can't use the ALT key for the many
>macros I use regularly. Mostly, I need to indent blocks of paragraphs
>quickly (i.e. "ip 5,5" or "ip .5,.5" - seems in XyWin the numbers are
>different). I do this for long quotes. (Does anyone know of a fast way to
>do that in Xy Win, by the way????)  If I can't do that, then it slows me
>down to the point of not being worth it. Is there a way that I can program
>XY Win to respond to macros using the ALT key (and a letter/number, etc.)

To Mimi Gauthier LeBien--

Could you assign the macros you run with the Alt key in XyDOS to macro keys
that you run with F2 in XyWin? That's worked fine for me over the past few
years.
I don't think the Text Macro Procedure has changed much, though the earlier
manuals
may speak of save-gets, not macros. Mine are on mnemonic keys: P for
paragraph,
B for block quote, H for hang indent, R for flush right, L for flush left,
C for center,
V for verse, etc.

Don't think there's any way to mess around with the Alt keys in XyWin.
They're pretty much preempted by Windows.

The IP numbers are different, I'd say, because your default in XyWin is the
inch and your
default in XyDOS is set at the decimal inch. You can change the default in
XyWin's xwset.dfl. My setting reads:

; UH sets horizontal unit of measure [Default is IN,IN]
DF UH=di,di

I find the decimal inch more convenient, but the inch may prove to be the
better default if you are frequently converting to and from Word. I dunno.

Hope this is useful.

RH