Bitcom

  Dave, I don't know why I'm trying to help somebody with Bitcom. It
is like sending Fokkers and Spads against the enemy when F-15s and -16s
are available on the runway. But now that I know the problem's that
both of us are in full duplex, the simple cure, absent instructions on
how to fix Bitcom's defaults, is to type three +'s, wait a second, and
then type ATE1. Right? Maybe that will take care of the CR/LF problem,
but the Hayes command set says something about the S4 register doing
that. I'll have to study that problem. Maybe ATE1S4=1 will do the trick.