[Daytimer Organizer question]

I use DayTimer Organizer 2000 as a project database on my W98 system with XyDos4 in full screen.
In DayTimer you can link files to your address book entries. This is very useful when you're
interviewing
several hundred people and want to look up the letters you've written before you call and so forth.
The link dialogue box in DT2000 allows you to specify a command line operation, and so I thought,
hm,
I can link to all those letters and so forth I've written in Xy. But when I try to call up a file
with
something like c:\xy\editor.exe(sp)letter.txt, Xy pops up in a Dos window in the Daytimer directory
with
a directory listing and, on the command line, I see "access denied." In other words, it
does
not open the file in the command. I thought, okay, shell out to DOS and make sure the editor
 command/combo works. IT DIDN'T. I again got the message "access denied."
My tree structure has xy in a subdirectory right off the root, not in the programs subdirectory.
Maybe I need a
more elaborate path statement in a-exec.bat. Anyone have a problem similar to this?

Michael Norman
NYU Journalism Dept.