RE: A very basic printing question re XY3

I'm not too sure you need to supply a printer name, if it's not networked. My example was for a network with many printers attached.
I should have motioned that first time around.

-B

-----Original Message----- From: J R FOX

> DO NET USE LPT1 \\dakota\ed_8k1 /YES
>
> Some of that means:
>
> dakota = server name
> ed_8k1 = printer name
> /YES = persistent (if I remember correctly)
>
> -BrianH.

Thanks, Brian. There was some reference to setting UNC (?) naming for attached printers. I have to
see just where it is in Win
that you get to name your printers 'Fred', 'Carmen', or whatever.

 Jordan