RE: Netscape, XyWrite, and the Media

Rene et al

FYI,, a computer, brand name or not, is essentially the following
parts

	1	Case and power supply (generally bought as one unit.)
	2	CPU board
	3	RAM memory
	4	CPU (which has controllers for handling all disk drives)
	5	Floppy drive
	6	Hard disk drive
	7	CD-ROM Drive
	8	ZIP drive
	9	Graphics card
	10	Sound Card
	11	Modem
	12	Power strip
	13	Printer
	14	Monitor
	15	Cables
	16	Keyboard
	17	Mouse
	18	Operating system
	19	Applications like XyWrite
	20	Utilities
	21	Communications (Internet and e:Mail)

When you build your own, you have a better grasp of how your
system works, the quality of the parts in it (a key issue,) how
it can be fixed, how you can keep it upgraded, bragging rights
for being more intimate with your working tools, as well as a
better idea of when its time to get a new one.

The price for a unit you build yourself, is not much more than
equivalent units from the main computer manufacturers

Also, when you build your own, you can do a better job of
managing the clutter on your hard drive, which is far too often
used by computer manufacturers as a way of getting product
exposure for goods and services you will probably never use, but
tend to leave their tracks all through the Win98 Registry.

The bottom line, XyWrite works best on a well working computer,
and that can be one you assemble yourself.

TR...

Thomas A. Robertson
529 10th Street, SE
Washington, D.C. 20003-2807