Re: Error Trapping

Off the top of my head, why not try just raising the value of VA$WA until the
messages stay on-screen long enuf to read? That would be easier, and probably
more satisfying ultimately, than a program which runs in background and tries
to trap errors that might occur in a foreground program. The third way to
proceed, is simply to run STARTUP.INT one line at a time. Have it  after
just one line, then two lines,then 3 lines, etc. You'll find your errors
eventually.

BTW, I've got about 30 Speedos on my system, and they all show up, no problem.
Do you have "DF OL=d:\BTFONTS\" in your printer file (e.g. SETTINGS.DFL)? Note
the terminal backslash! Does default ZS include the type sizes that your fonts
can be scaled to? Does default default XY point to the location of
SCRFONTS.BIN? (This may be unnecessary now, I forget.) There are quite a few
default settings to check here!

On color, I assure you that they are identical in _draft_ mode in III+ and Xy4.
Identical. What's probably different are the settings in one or another of
your printer files. (Any file with a ;PR; at TOF is a "PRinter File".) Check
for "MD BO=nnn" and "MD 207=98" type statements in these files. They should be
identical too. (Or else remove them all and go with the defaults.)